JL Fire Risk and Hygiene Services CC
JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is an approved and accredited company, specialising in the servicing and maintenance of kitchen extraction systems to minimise the ever-present fire risk and possible loss of life, with (RASA) Restaurant Association of South Africa and (FEDHASA) Federated Hospitality Association of South Africa).
Our company also specialized in the hygiene of work place and play areas. We are a service provider for the IMCS, for Famous Brands and many corporate companies and hotels nationally.
All our services are being carried out in accordance with SANS 1850:2003 Service and Maintenance of Kitchen Extractor Systems and SANS 10049:A5:2001 Cleaning and disinfecting of facilities
Code of conduct:
Our services meet and comply with the Municipal Fire Safety By-Laws and we comply with all fire, health and safety regulations pertaining to commercial kitchens..
Our company had been audited by the Institute of Management Consultants and Master Coaches South Africa (IMCSA) and found compliant to all the regulation of SANS1850:2003 and SANS 10049:a5:2001 Cleaning and disinfecting of facilities.
JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is being used by the IMCS, to help companies to get up to standard and to comply with all the bylaws criteria.
- Advice companies on extraction systems installations and how to bring existing systems up to date as well as future maintenance needs.
- Maintain systems countrywide.
- Service the entire extraction system, and partially clean attenuators in accordance with SANS 1850:2003 to minimize the fire risks.
- Deep clean kitchen facilities.
- Deep clean of staff toilets and dressing rooms.
- Erection of new kitchen extractor systems. Using VENTPRO as manufacturer and installer.
- Report all Risks and Health Issues.
- Hygiene of Grease and Fat Traps.
- Deep clean of loading bays.
- Deep cleaning of dustbins and dustbin areas.
- Steaming of equipment with steamers.
- Removing of mould.
- Cleaning of Office and Kitchen Ceiling Boards in accordance with SANS 049.7.7
- Removing of carbinised cooking equipment (pots), for a more hygienically clean look and saving on LPG use.
- Repairing or replacing of filter where needed.
- Cleaning of Franchise Bill Boards.
- Cleaning of Hotel, Lodges, and chimneys.
Specifications/Standards to which we are associated:
SANS 1850:2003 was gazetted in order to regulate the construction and cleaning of the extraction systems in commercial kitchens (restaurants and canteens) in order to minimize the fire risk.
It is calculated that 85% of fires in commercial kitchens start in the canopy and ducting due to accumulated dirt in the system.
SANS 10049:2001 was gazetted in order to regulate the Food Hygiene Management of work place areas.
Chemicals to be used:
- Non- toxic, non-flammable, non-caustic, non-fuming and non-hazardous.
- The chemicals are food safe and people safe and are biodegradable within 7 days.
- Deep clean of facilities are being done by a High Pressure Karcher steam washer.
On completion of service and maintenance, a valid OUTSURANCE Insurance Certificate will be issued in compliance with fire, health, safety and insurance requirements and regulations.
JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc has public liability cover of R20million per unit.
All reports will be supplied and issued to designated persons within 10 working days on request or a once monthly meeting to report back on each store or Head Office.
Logistics and Operations:
All operations are controlled and administered from Pretoria, this enabling JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc to maintain quality of service delivery to all clients.
- JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is a service provider for the ABI Group (Coca-Cola)
- JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is a service provider for the IMCS Group.
- JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is a service provider for the Famous Brands Group.
- JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is a service provider for the Sun International and Casino Group.
- JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is a service provider for the de Beers Mining Group.
- JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is a service provider for the Coal of Africa LIMITED
- JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is a service provider for the South African Breweries (SAB).
- JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is a service provider for the Forever Resorts Group.
- JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is a service provider for the Medic Clinic Group.
- JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc is a service provider for the Investec Group Menlyn.
Due to the new labour law, JL Fire Risk & Hygiene Services cc comply by law to the following:
- Letter of Good Standing from the office of the Compensation Commissioner in accordance with Compensation for occupational injuries and diseases act 1993 Reg: 0299-338-1960
- Public Liability Insurance covers at Hollard Commercial and General Insurance.
Comply with the following sections of the Occupational Health and Safety Acts.
- General Machinery Regulation 2 of the Occupational Health and
- Safety Act no 85 of 1993 sect 8(2) I, sect 40.
- Section 16(2) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act no 85 of 1993 (GAR8)
- Section 24(sections: 32,33,36 and General Administration Regulation 8 and 9 of the Occupational Health and
- Safety Act no 85 of 1993.Act 2 of 2000 Access information
- SANS 1850:2003 The design and manufacture of commercial kitchens extractor systems. The service and maintenance of kitchen extractor systems.
- SANS 10049:2001 Regulation of Food Hygiene Management of work place preparation areas.
Images (Click to Expand)
- Ventilation systems
- Cleaning equipment, floor
- Cleaning solutions
- Cleaning, kitchen
- Fat trap cleaners
- Cleaning services (Eco)
- Cleaning Equipment, industrial
- Deep Cleaning & Fogging Services
- Fire blanket
No fee or commission taken on sales via this service