Hillcrest Berry Orchards
Hillcrest Berry Orchards was established in 1989 and is situated between Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Quality is the hallmark of this family business with a reputation for attention to detail, innovative ideas and exceptional service. Our vast range of berries include strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, tayberries, Cape gooseberries, blueberries.We have long been preferred suppliers of superior jams and condiments to the hospitality industry. These are packaged in small or large bottles; with or without stands and hotel logos printed on the lids if required. We supply freshly picked berries every day during the summer, and throughout the year we offer a full range frozen berries, jams, dessert toppings, relishes, jellies, berry vinegars, liquored berries and gifts.
Our JAMS are made on the farm from traditional home-style recipes, in small pots, stirred with a wooden spoon. Only choice grade fruit is used, sugar content is reduced and no bulk is added. Because they are made from natural ingredients, with absolutely no artificial preservatives, flavourants or colourants, these products should be stored in a cool place and refrigerated once opened.
The farm is run with carefully monitored environmental standards:
- our berries are grown under natural conditions: in open orchards, no shade cloth etc which ensures quality flavour and shelf life
- only organic sprays used
- we are working towards a carbon neutral footprint
- we use primarily our own fruit (raspberries blackberries, blueberries, cape gooseberries, figs)
- strawberries, oranges, apricots are sourced locally.
- berries that do not grow in SA (blackcurrants, redcurrants, cranberries, morello cherries) are Eurogap, supplier HACCP certified
- jams: 50% first grade fruit (not block frozen) + cane sugar. No bulking or additives
Images (Click to Expand)
No fee or commission taken on sales via this service