Who uses the website at the hotels? Is it the buying department or head office?
All departments: Housekeeping, F&B, Maintenance, etc.
How do you market the websites?
- We do nationwide hospitality-focused workshops in collaboration with Eskom.
- We have exhibition stands at all the major industry related shows like Hostex, Decorex, Tourism Indaba (which includes a ‘Green and Sustainable Hospitality’ break-away workshop) and the smaller exhibition shows like Gardener Live, Wastex Africa, The Greenest Event and many more.
- We also advertise the websites in industry related magazines like Hotel and Restaurant, SA Décor & Design and Simply Green, and we have web ads on many associated websites like Fedhasa, EGF, Tourism Tattler, NAA-SA, Ghasa, GBCSA and many more.
- There is also on-going promotion and marketing on your behalf at Lorraine Jenks’ speaking engagements, conferences, media interviews and consultations.
Who do you market the websites to?
Hoteliers, venues, associations, other buyers like restaurateurs, the major banks, procurement agencies, architects, companies such as Discovery, the Airports Co, Shell, Engen, government departments, parastatals, factories, schools, hospitals, other listed suppliers and many more industries.
Can we get information of the hotels that are currently using the websites?
Yes, we can send you a list of hotels and other buyers that use the directories, please email us and request a list. Please note that this only constitutes 1% of the users on our directories (buyers who have made contact via the contact from), whereas 99% of users contact the suppliers directly via the contact details on the supplier page.
Can we see who has been looking at our products. In other words can we see if Tsogo sun looked at our site?
No unfortunately not, unless we ask buyers to register on our directories, which we don’t want to do due to the fact that it’s a free directory for buyers to use and to search for relevant suppliers. The page views on your page would give an indication as to how much interest is generated in your products/services and this can be requested at any time.
Why is my company not featured on the home page?
New suppliers subscribed to our directories are listed under Latest Suppliers and suppliers who renew their subscriptions are listed under Featured Suppliers on the home pages.
How do I enter or create a Special?
Please contact us for assistance.
Why do some suppliers not have contact details included?
Suppliers, who don’t have fully paid subscriptions with Hotelstuff/Greenstuff, don’t have their contact details displayed.
Why does my company Zen-Attractions always appear last in a search?
Search results are displayed alphabetically according to the names of the companies listed.
What is the hit rating of Hotelstuff & Greenstuff?
Hotelstuff & Greenstuff get an average of 20 000 page views a month. These are not hits but real people looking for information on suppliers and products.
What is my exposure on Hotelstuff/Greenstuff as a supplier?
Please visit our Supplier’s Corner for more information and benefits when subscribing to our directories.
How do I know that leads come from Hotelstuff?
Leads from Hotelstuff can come in 4 ways:
- Phone calls – A buyer will call a supplier directly after finding their contact number on Hotelstuff. For leads via this way suppliers would have to ask buyers where they got your number from, which we know suppliers seldom do. We can monitor how many times a supplier’s contact details were requested but we do not know who the buyers are or how they contacted you. Buyers would need to register, for that information to be available, and we prefer not to deter users from using the website.
- Supplier’s website – A buyer will click through to the supplier’s website after finding it on Hotelstuff. Once again, we can monitor how many times a supplier’s contact details were requested but we do not know who the buyers are or how they contacted you. Buyers would need to register, for that information to be available, and we prefer not to deter users from using the website.
- Contact Form – A buyer will send a contact form from a supplier’s page on Hotelstuff. The supplier will receive an email which clearly indicates that it came from the Hotelstuff website. Less than 1% of enquiries come this way. 99% prefer to phone suppliers direct, or link through to the website.
- Helpdesk – A buyer may contact Hotelstuff directly after which we will inform a supplier via email if the enquiry pertains to them.